Build a biblical and theological foundation for life and ministry through our Master of Practical Theology (MPT) degree. Our practical theology degree will grow you as a Spirit-formed servant leader, and equip you with the specialized ministry training needed for your particular calling. Taught by Spirit-filled faculty, you will develop a vibrant knowledge of the Word of God and a balanced theological understanding that can be applied in a variety of ministry contexts. This degree program is available online or on-ground (Southlake).
The Master of Practical Theology degree program seeks to:
- Prepare men and women for specialized ministry within the local church, church related agencies, and the community;
- Equip students with the theories and practical skills necessary to perform effectively the ministry to which they are called;
- Increase biblical and theological understanding necessary to undergird these specialized ministries;
- Provide professional training that is enjoined by the ministry of the Holy Spirit; and
- Provide supervised ministry training for those entering specialized ministries.
Upon completion of the Master of Practical Theology, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Scripture and the ability to properly use hermeneutical and exegetical principles to interpret and apply the Word of God in life and ministry;
- Survey the heritage and traditions of the Church and the Pentecostal/Charismatic Movements;
- Articulate a biblical theology of ministry for the student’s focused area of ministry;
- Integrate biblical and theological knowledge in the specialized area of ministry studied; and
- Communicate the gospel clearly and effectively.