The Associate of Worship Leadership (AWL) degree seeks:
- To graduate competent musicians for the local or global church and music marketplace;
- To produce biblically formed and theologically informed musicians;
- To equip gifted songwriters who compose for the Church and marketplace;
- To prepare skilled video, audio, and innovative media technicians;
- To place graduates in appropriate ministry and music industry contexts.
A graduate of the Associate of Worship Leadership degree will be able to:
- Organize & successfully administrate all aspects of contemporary congregational worship;
- Demonstrate the technical, music and leadership skills necessary for effectively leading contemporary congregational worship;
- Analyze problems in their field (worship leadership) and develop collaborative solutions or strategies to resolve those problems;
- Communicate with musicians, artists, technicians, and local church pastors through effective teaching, writing, and listening skills;
- Evaluate their personal strengths and weaknesses honestly in the light of biblical wisdom and regular pastoral accountability;
- Pastor and build biblical community among their local church musicians, artists, and technicians;
- Serve, contribute to, and creatively execute the worship vision of local church pastors and leaders.
*AWL acceptance space is limited. This degree is only offered on-ground at our main campus.
Applicants must complete an audition for acceptance into the AWL program.
Admission to the University is a requirement prior to acceptance into the AWL program. However, you may begin your audition process and submit your video audition to the Music and Worship Studies Department prior to receiving notification of acceptance to The King’s University by the Office of Admissions.
University Application Deadline | Dec. 15
Video Audition Submission Deadline | Dec. 15
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.