Dr. Frank Markow
Dean of Distance Education
To help leaders and organizations become all that God has called them to be through innovative approaches to education.
AREAS OF SPECIAL INTEREST:
Leadership and organizational development, vocational calling, non-traditional education
- Professor, The Kings University, 2014
- Professor, Life Pacific College, 2005-2014
- Adjunct Faculty, Azusa Pacific University, School of Business & Management, 2011-present
- Associate Professor, Patten University, 1999-2005
- Courses taught include organizational behavior & theory, organizational leadership theory & practice, organizational research, business ethics, personal leadership development, strategic planning, and various biblical & ministerial studies courses
I have been in ministry one way or another since 1985, in cross cultural contexts, small groups and larger churches, and music ministry. I have been a licensed minister with the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel since 1995. And of course, I consider my teaching and educational administration a ministry as well ; )
- Academy Of Management – Organizational Behavior and Management, Spirituality and Religion divisions
- International Leadership Association – Leadership education, development, scholarship divisions.
- Editorial Board, Journal of Leadership Education
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Leadership Studies
- Foursquare Scholars Fellowship (founding member)
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS/RESEARCH PROJECTS:
- Conference paper / panel presentation July 2012 Christian Adult Higher Education Association (CAHEA): “Adult education & organizational culture: Exploring the distinctions of values among traditional and adult educators on colleges campuses using the OCAI.“ Nashville, TN.
- Paper presentation May 2011 “Towards a model of calling and leadership Development” Foursquare Scholars Fellowship, Columbus OH.
- Conference session / peer reviewed paper session October 2010 International Leadership Association meeting, Boston, MA “Adult learning theory and leadership development.”
- Conference session at the Academy of Management (Management, Spirituality and Religion interest group), August 2008 on “Leadership, Religious Worldview and the Construction of Meaning.”
- Book chapter: “Narrative Analysis in Quantitative Leadership Research” in Qualitative Research in the Study of Leadership, K. Klenke (ed.) Emerald Publications, 2008
- Conference presentation: International Leadership Association: “The Hero Archetype as a Metaphor of the Leader’s Journey into Calling and Identity” November 2007
- Dissertation Topic: “Calling and Leadership Identity: A narrative approach.” Completed March 2007
- Article: “The Effects of Personal Meaning and Calling on Organizational Commitment: An Empirical Investigation of Spiritual Leadership” in the International Journal of Organizational Advancement, co-authored with Karin Klenke. 2005, Vol. 13, Nos. 1 & 2, special issues on spirituality and leadership.
- Conference presentation July 2005 – “Calling, Personal Meaning and Organizational Commitment.” International Conference on Advances in Management, July 2005.
Been loving and serving Jesus since 1985. Married since 1990 to Gina Markow, and have four children – Jake, Ben, Abby and Matt. I have been playing guitar since high school, and most recently performed in a country band in the Southern California area. I am also an avid amateur photographer, and have had my images displayed in buildings and won an award for a shot of whale breach in an Alaskan bay.