Whether you sense God calling you to missions or are passionate about reaching people in other cultural contexts at home or abroad, our Bachelor of Intercultural Studies (BIS) degree is for you. Come to see the world through God’s eyes as you are equipped for Spirit-led intercultural engagement and ministry. You will gain a biblical foundation along with practical skills needed to accomplish God’s great purpose for you in the world, wherever that may be, through our BIS degree.
This degree seeks to:
- Provide a biblically and theologically sound, Spirit-empowered missiology as a basis for intercultural engagement and ministry;
- Equip students holistically for faithful, Spirit-led intercultural engagement and ministry; and
- Offer practical, hands-on learning opportunities that enhance a student’s intercultural awareness and ministry effectiveness.
In addition to achieving success with the Undergraduate Core Curriculum Requirements learning outcomes, upon completing this degree, students will be able to:
- Articulate a biblically and theologically sound, Spirit-empowered missiology as a basis for intercultural engagement and ministry;
- Develop and implement a contextualized missional strategy that is applicable to intercultural engagement and ministry;
- Live out their calling as a contributing member of a Spirit-led missionary community in intercultural contexts;
- Understand and articulate concepts and principles of spiritual maturation and a healthy personal and family life conducive to intercultural engagement and ministry;
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity in the process of engaging people of other cultures with an authentic expression of the Gospel in fulfillment of the Great Commission; and
- Integrate missional, linguistic, and cultural learning principles with real world experience in intercultural engagement and ministry.