Veteran Student Information

The King’s University proudly serves service members, veterans and their families at the Southlake, Texas, campus and all online programs.  TKU is authorized by the Department of Veterans Affairs to certify students enrolled in various degree programs for benefits under the following chapters. Please contact the school VA official for the approved programs.

  • Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 G.I. Bill-Active Duty)
  • Chapter 30 (Montgomery G.I. Bill – Active Duty)
  • Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)
  • Chapter 35 (Veteran’s Spouses or Dependents)
  • Chapter 1606 (Selected Reserve)
  • Chapter 1607 (Reserve Educational Assistance Program)

Eligibility and chapter is determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs (888.442.4551). Veterans can contact TKU for further information or their VA representative.


  • Complete application for admission here.
  • Submit documents to the school VA official.
  • Forms can be completed on the official website of the Department of Veterans Affairs Education Service, New students should contact the VA Certifying Official to ensure completion of paperwork in a timely manner. The Veterans Administration requires that each student receiving benefits must follow an approved degree plan.
  • We will need the following documents:
    • DD214
    • Certificate of Eligibility

VA Enrollment Certification

A Veteran student may not receive payment for courses previously completed, for courses that are in excess of degree requirements, or for courses that do not apply toward the student’s approved degree. The VA Certifying Official at TKU will verify each term that classes pursued are required before certifying your enrollment with the VA. Therefore, it is the student’s responsibility to notify the VA Certifying Official of any changes made concerning degrees, and at any time he/she adds, drops, or withdraws from a course. Verification of enrollment by the student’s attendance will be reported to the Department of Veteran Affairs in the second week of each semester.

Please contact the VA Certifying Official in the Office of Student Financial Services if you have questions or need further assistance.

Important: All admissions documentation should be sent directly to the Office of Admissions.

The King’s University
Office of Admissions
2121 E Southlake Blvd
Southlake, TX 76092

Contact Us:

Students who do not meet regular admission criteria should contact the Office of Admissions for advisement.

Apply Now