Dr. Boyd Luter
Director of Biblical and Theological Studies
Studying, discussing, and teaching the Bible.
- 20 years of full-time classroom teaching experience for colleges, seminaries and universities in Texas, California and Ohio
- 13 years of adjunct teaching experience, both in the classroom and online
- 15 years of senior pastoral experience
- Biblical commentaries on Ruth, Song of Songs, Galatians, Philiipians, and Revelation
- Six other books or monographs on biblical, theological or pastoral topics
- Five book chapters
- Contributions to seven Bible dictionaries/encyclopedias
- Contributions to nine study Bible projects
- Over 20 journal articles, with several forthcoming
- Over 60 published book reviews
My wife, Cindy; between us, seven children (Dana, Ray, Joanna, Tom, Natalie, Tim and Ben), and nine grandchildren (Mia, Titus, Nate, Alex, Anna, Paige, Parker, Dorothy and Margaret).
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6).
What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spending time with my wife, kids and grandkids; reading; watching the Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers or Dallas Mavericks.
What do you like most about working at TKU?
The opportunity to impact the lives of the amazing students and fellow workers the Lord has brought to TKU.