Welcome, undergraduate applicants!
We are excited that you are applying for admission to The King’s University. Here you can view admissions criteria, required documentation, and instructions for applying. Click Apply Now when you’re ready to begin the admissions process.
Beginning Freshmen have graduated high school (or soon will) and have not gained any college-level credit. Students who earned any college credit before graduating from high school (dual enrollment) and/or who attended college for the first time in the summer prior to their first academic term at TKU are also considered first-time students.
High School Transcripts
- Final official transcript from diploma-issuing high school
- If you have not yet graduated high school during the application process, an in-progress high school transcript is required for admission; a final official high school transcript is then required prior to enrollment.
- Official copy of home school transcript
- Official copy of General Education Development (GED) certification displaying scores
Cumulative GPA of 2.5 for high school/home school or earned equivalency through the GED.
- Official SAT, ACT, or CLT scores sent from issuing organization
- SAT School Code: 3896
- ACT School Code: 7011
- No school code required for CLT
- NORMAL ADMISSION (composite scores)
- SAT*: 1600-1075
- ACT: 21
- CLT: 69
- ADMISSION WITH ACADEMIC WATCH (composite scores)
- SAT*: 1050-980
- ACT: 20-19
- CLT: 68-67
- ADMISSION WITH ACADEMIC PROBATION (composite scores)
- SAT*: 980-940
- ACT: 18-17
- CLT: 66
*SAT scores prior to 2016 will be evaluated on the old scoring system: 1600-1000, normal admission; 990-940, academic watch; 940-920, academic probation.
$40 non-refundable application fee
- Separate official transcripts of all collegiate work attempted (including dual enrollment) must be sent from each school directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Transcripts from any school not based in the U.S. must be individually evaluated and/or translated for U.S. equivalency.
- Non-English transcripts must have an evaluated English translation.
- An evaluation by a recognized foreign credential evaluation service indicating US equivalency of the degree/coursework must be sent to the Office of Admissions.
- Foreign credential evaluation service: www.wes.org
Proof of Immunization (Required for On-ground Students)
- All Texas on-ground applicants 21 years of age and younger must provide the school with proof of immunization for bacterial meningitis at least 10 days prior to the start of classes.
- OPTION 1 | If you received this vaccination within the past 5 years all you need to do is have proof of immunization sent directly to us.
- OPTION 2 | If you have not received the vaccination you may obtain it at your family physician or various local pharmacies. Check with your insurance to see if cost coverage is provided.
- OPTION 3 | You may also use the following link to opt-out of this vaccination, but this document must be signed and notarized, and received by office 10 days prior to the start of classes: https://co-request.dshs.texas.gov/
All documentation should be sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
Transcripts for all undergraduate applicants should be issued to the undergraduate admissions counselor, Bianca Lee, electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org or in the original envelope sealed by the issuing institution at:
The King’s University Office of Admissions
ATTN: Bianca Lee
2121 E Southlake Blvd
Southlake, TX 76092
If you have any questions regarding the application process please contact us at email@example.com or 817.722.1710. Students who do not meet regular admission criteria should contact the Office of Admissions for advisement.
The King’s University admits students without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, handicap or disability, age, or veteran status. Applicants are assessed according to academic background, the potential for academic success, moral behavior and character, and alignment with the spirit and mission of The King’s University.