A gift to The King’s University can be done either directly or through a gift model that can provide tax benefits and possibly income payments back to you or to those whom you designate. To receive our Leaving a Legacy at TKU guide to planned giving, please complete the form below.
- BEQUESTYou designate The King’s University as the beneficiary of your asset by will, trust, or other instrument. To get started, you can use this free will-writing resource (or pair it with an attorney) to create your plan and include the necessary language to support TKU with a bequest.
- IRA ROLLOVERCongress recently enacted a permanent extension of the IRA Charitable Rollover. This enables people 70 ½ or older to reduce their taxes by making a gift directly from their IRA.
- BENEFICIARY DESIGNATION GIFTSYou can designate us as a beneficiary of a retirement, investment, or bank account or your life insurance policy.
- CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITYYou transfer your cash or appreciated property to our organization in exchange for our promise to pay you fixed payments (with rates based on your age) for the rest of your life.
- CHARITABLE REMAINDER UNITRUSTYou transfer your cash or appreciated property to fund a charitable remainder unitrust. The trust sells your property tax free and provides you with income for life or a term of years.
- CHARITABLE REMAINDER ANNUITY TRUSTYou transfer your cash or appreciated property to fund a charitable remainder annuity trust. The trust sells your property tax free and provides you with fixed income for life or a term of years.
- CHARITABLE LEAD TRUSTYou fund a trust that makes gifts to us for a number of years. Your family receives the trust remainder at substantial tax savings.
- SALE AND UNITRUSTYou give a portion of your property to us to fund a charitable remainder trust. When the property sells, you receive cash and income for life.
- BARGAIN SALEWe purchase your property for less than fair market value. You receive cash and a charitable deduction for the difference between the market value and purchase price.
- GIVE IT TWICE TRUSTHelp fund the mission of TKU and provide income to your family by using this gift strategy.