If you believe God is calling you to bring hope, freedom, and identity to a hurting world, our Bachelor of Biblical Counseling degree has been designed to prepare you for ministry. TKU’s biblical counseling degree will teach you how to integrate psychological theories with biblical truths under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, as you are equipped for a career in Spirit-led, Christian counseling. Students who earn this degree go on to careers in freedom ministry, nonprofit service, biblical counseling in the local church, and more. This degree program is available online or on-ground (Southlake).
The Bachelor of Biblical Counseling degree offers two concentration paths. The Church and Community Care concentration will benefit students preparing for pastoral, ministerial, and lay counseling ministries within the local church, parachurch community agencies, and other organizations that provide supportive soul care, but do not require licensure from a state board. The Pre-Professional Counseling concentration will benefit students preparing for eventual professional counseling licensure by a state board. The electives are designed to provide a foundation for knowledge regarding research methods, basic statistics, neuroscience, and systemic application in the social science field.
The Bachelor of Biblical Counseling degree seeks to:
- Provide a solid biblical and theological foundation for the practice of biblical counseling;
- Develop the personal life of the student;
- Provide basic knowledge and skills necessary for effective Christian counseling;
- Integrate basic psychological theories with Scripture; and
- This is a pre-professional program which seeks to prepare, equip and empower students for Christian counseling in the local church, or for graduate studies in counseling or Divinity.
In addition to achieving success with the Undergraduate Core Curriculum Requirements Learning outcomes, upon completing this degree, students will be able to:
- Apply a solid knowledge of Scripture with proper hermeneutical skills;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature and theology of biblical counseling;
- Identify the qualifying factors in a calling toward biblical counseling;
- Explain how to equip the local church ministry in biblical counseling;
- Describe the various styles of biblical counseling and their distinctives; and
- Integrate a personal theology of psycho-spiritual growth.