Is TKU an accredited school?
Yes. The King’s University is accredited. Please visit our Accreditation page for additional details.
How do I apply?
Students can apply using our online application. Visit the Apply page, select the appropriate admit type and begin your application.
What are the admission requirements?
A prospective student is assessed according to academic background, the potential for academic success, moral behavior and character, appreciation for the standards of The King’s University and its mission, along with the student’s own spiritual journey and goals.
Visit our Apply page HERE to view all admission requirements for our programs.
Is financial aid available?
Yes, Title IV Federal Financial Aid is available for students. Visit our Financial Aid page for details.
What is the academic calendar for classes?
The King’s academic calendar follows a standard 15-week semester-based academic calendar with one additional week for examinations. Typically the academic year will follow the schedule listed below:
- Fall semester is scheduled from late August until the first week of December.
- Spring semester begins mid-January and concludes early May.
- Online courses and module (intensive) courses are offered throughout the year including the summer months.
- Will classes be available online?
Does TKU offer housing?
At this time the main campus of The King’s University does not offer housing. However, we are diligently pursuing permanent housing solutions for our students. Until then, we are happy to assist you in securing a residence within the surrounding area.
Does TKU acknowledge credits for experiential learning?
Undergraduate students are able to receive credit for experiential learning through the Portfolio Development course. Credit is based upon demonstrated equivalent knowledge of a specific course within a student’s academic program. Evaluations are done on a course equivalency basis and must demonstrate a balance between theory and practice on a college level of learning.
What is a normal course load?
The normal course load for a full-time student is 15-18 semester hours. The minimum load to be considered full-time is 12 semester hours. The maximum load in any semester without prior administrative permission is 18 semester hours.
Does TKU enroll international students?
The King’s University is approved to enroll international students at the Southlake, TX, campus. Visit the Apply page and select International Students for more details.
- Which browsers are supported by Blackboard for online study?
- AboutThe King’s University is an accredited, Spirit-filled, evangelical university based in the heart of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
- Why TKU
- Mission and Beliefs
- Contact Us
- Gateway Church
- Accreditation and Assessment
- Transferability of TKU Credits
- Administration and Staff
- AdmissionsThe King’s University is located in Southlake, Texas, in the heart of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex near DFW International Airport. Within minutes of our campus you’ll find a world filled with the amenities of a large metropolitan area.
- AcademicsIn fulfillment of our mission statement to prepare effective leaders and Christ-like servants, academic advisement is a service provided for our students to assist them in successfully completing their degree requirements in a timely and sequential manner.
- Messianic Jewish Studies
- Women in Ministry Leadership
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Calendars
- Academic Advisement
- Online Education
- Articulation Agreements
- Ministry Practicums
- Student LifeTKU Student Life is committed to providing a vibrant atmosphere for students to connect with God and each other.
- About TKU