The Bachelor of General Christian Studies (BGCS) degree will help you develop a solid understanding of Scripture and Christian ministry. TKU’s General Christian Studies degree will provide you with a theological foundation and equip you to clearly communicate the Christian message. This degree program is available online or on-ground (Southlake).
This degree seeks to:
- Provide a general ministry and Biblical studies discipline
- Provide a solid biblical foundation for the general practices of ministry;
- Provide a theological foundation for general ministry with a Charismatic distinctive;
- Provide a basic understanding of the Christian message and how to communicate it;
- Develop a compassion for ministry to hurting and lost humanity; and
- Gain an understanding and appreciation for the Church and its ministries.
In addition to achieving success with the Undergraduate Core Curriculum Requirements learning outcomes, upon completing this degree, students will be able to:
- Evidence a biblical and theological knowledge;
- Articulate a biblical philosophy of life and ministry that evidences a charismatic dimension; and
- Demonstrate the basic functional skills for successful Christian living and ministry.