Dr. Frank Markow
Director of Master of Organizational Leadership
I have been teaching and leading in Christian higher education administration for the past 20 years. My passion is to help leaders and organizations become all that God has called them to be through innovative approaches to education. I teach at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral level, and love helping students discover more about themselves, and expand their capacity to be more effective leaders.
- Certifications and Credentials
- Academy Of Management – Organizational Behavior and Management, Spirituality and Religion, Org. Change Divisions
- International Leadership Association – Leadership education, development, scholarship divisions.
- Foursquare Scholars Fellowship, Academic Journal Editorial Board,
- Research and Interest Areas
- Leadership and organizational development
- Vocational Calling
- Non-traditional Education
- Conference presentation – October 2019 International Leadership Association (ILA): The Courage to Express Love in the Workplace: Towards a Theoretical and Practical Model. Ottawa, Canada.
- Conference panel presentation July 2016 Christian Adult Higher Education Association (CAHEA): “Canned Courses vs. Instructor Developed Courses: Weighing the Pros and Cons” Chattanooga, TN.
- Conference paper/panel presentation July 2012 Christian Adult Higher Education Association (CAHEA): “Adult education & organizational culture: Exploring the distinctions of values among traditional and adult educators on college campuses using the OCAI.“ Nashville, TN.
- Conference session/peer-reviewed paper session October 2010 International Leadership Association meeting, Boston, MA “Adult learning theory and leadership development.”
- Conference session at the Academy of Management (Management, Spirituality, and Religion interest group), August 2008 on “Leadership, Religious Worldview and the Construction of Meaning.”
- Book chapter: “Narrative Analysis in Quantitative Leadership Research” in Qualitative Research in the Study of Leadership, K. Klenke (ed.) Emerald Publications, 2008
- Conference presentation: International Leadership Association: “The Hero Archetype as a Metaphor of the Leader’s Journey into Calling and Identity” November 2007
- Dissertation Topic: “Calling and Leadership Identity: A narrative approach.” Completed March 2007
- Article: “The Effects of Personal Meaning and Calling on Organizational Commitment: An Empirical Investigation of Spiritual Leadership” in the International Journal of Organizational Advancement, co-authored with Karin Klenke. 2005, Vol. 13, Nos. 1 & 2, special issues on spirituality and leadership.
- Conference presentation July 2005 – “Calling, Personal Meaning, and Organizational Commitment.” International Conference on Advances in Management, July 2005.
- Courses Taught
- BIBM 3302 Leadership Development
- BIBM5306 Contemporary Approaches to Leadership
- LEAD6304 Current Issues in Leadership Studies
- BIBM 8304 Dynamic Leadership for Organizational Effectiveness