The Doctor of Ministry is an advanced professional program for those already successfully engaged in Christian ministry. The program is designed to enhance professional competence in the practice of ministry to provide opportunity for the renewal of the minister’s personal and spiritual life and to stimulate growth in ministry. As an in-service professional ministry development program, the minister is able to remain in full-time ministry while engaged in this learning process. The Doctor of Ministry is not a research program, but it does require demonstration of critical thought and the highest academic standards.
The culmination of the Doctor of Ministry program is the Doctor of Ministry Capstone Project through which the student makes an important and needed contribution to Christian ministry in the Church.
Messianic Jewish Studies
Whether you desire to lead in the Messianic community or feel called to be a bridge between the Church and the Jewish people, this concentration is designed for you. This program is truly one of a kind. It is accredited, Spirit-filled, and approved by the Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations (UMJC) for training rabbis and teachers.
Next cohort launching summer 2022!
Spiritual Formation and Direction
This concentration is geared toward ministers who are looking for new engaging ways to disciple people who are inside and outside of their congregations. Each residency includes an overnight spiritual retreat, and your final residency will be a 10-day pilgrimage to Scotland, Italy, or Rome. Watch the video below to hear from Dr. Dan Call about this unique opportunity.
Next cohort launching fall 2022!
- Cohort-based (12-15 participants per cohort).
- Three residencies per year: February/March, June/July, and September/October.
The Doctor of Ministry degree seeks to:
- Prepare candidates for advanced roles of leadership within their own particular communities of faith and cultures;
- Help candidates renew their calling, purpose, and approach to ministry;
- Resource candidates with advanced research skills that foster critical thought and the ability to make informed decisions impacting their lives, ministries, and organizations;
- Provide opportunities to build relationships with peers, faculty, and expert practitioners who can help expand their ministry network and cultivate life-long professional relationships;
- Offer a flexible approach to completing post-graduate education that utilizes innovative educational strategies.
At the conclusion of the Doctor of Ministry program, the student will be able to:
- Engage in Spirit-focused theological reflection and application of scriptural truth to ministry;
- Develop and practice Spirit-empowered approaches to spiritual formation and leadership development;
- Demonstrate the ability to foster Spirit-guided communities worldwide and to engage culture and contemporary worldviews;
- Assess ministry effectiveness by utilizing research methodologies and skills;
- Evaluate organizational culture in order to bring health and alignment for the accomplishment of mission.