Gain the foundational knowledge of Scripture, Messianic Judaism and ministry needed to equip you for your calling to lead or to teach through our MJS-focused Master of Divinity degree. Whether you desire to lead in the Messianic community or feel called to be a bridge between the Church and the Jewish people, our Messianic Jewish Studies (MJS) program is designed for you. This program is truly one of a kind. It is accredited, Spirit-filled, and approved by the Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations (UMJC) for training rabbis and teachers. You can earn this degree online or on-ground (Southlake).
This concentration seeks to:
- Prepare men and women for Messianic Jewish ministry;
- Provide a knowledge of Scripture and the tools and methods to interpret Scripture;
- Provide a knowledge of Judaism and Christianity and the relationship between these religious traditions;
- Provide a knowledge of Messianic Jewish history, theology and practice;
- Equip students with practical ministry skills in the areas of Messianic Jewish leadership, teaching, preaching, worship, counseling, and administration;
- Assist students in developing a theology of Messianic Jewish ministry;
- Develop practical ministry skills through supervised Messianic Jewish ministry experiences; and
- Encourage students to develop their unique spiritual gifts and to integrate these gifts into their theological studies and Messianic Jewish ministry.
Upon completion of this concentration, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and apply biblical texts using sound hermeneutical principles and exegetical methods;
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the heritage, traditions and practices of the global Pentecostal/Charismatic Movements, including a vision for healing the schism between the Church and the Jewish people;
- Evidence a familiarity with traditional Jewish and Messianic Jewish history, theology and practice;
- Articulate a biblically-based theology of Messianic Jewish ministry and leadership that is Spirit-empowered and informed by the calling of Israel and the Body of Messiah;
- Apply biblical and theological knowledge to one’s personal spiritual formation within the context of Messianic Jewish ministry;
- Communicate the knowledge of who God is and what He has done clearly, accurately, and with love and respect.