Whether you feel called to be a bridge between the Church and the Jewish people or desire to lead in the Messianic community, our Messianic Jewish Studies (MJS) program is designed for you. This program is truly one of a kind. It is accredited, Spirit-filled, and approved by the Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations (UMJC). Gain the foundational knowledge of Scripture and Jewish roots needed to equip you for your calling to teach through our MJS-focused Master of Practical Theology degree. You can earn this degree online or on-ground (Southlake).
This concentration seeks to:
- Prepare men and women for Messianic Jewish ministry within the local congregation and in the wider movement;
- Equip students with the theories and practical skills necessary to serve effectively in Messianic Jewish ministry;
- Increase biblical and theological understanding from a Messianic Jewish perspective;
- Provide professional training that is informed by the ministry of the Ruach (Spirit); and
- Develop practical ministry skills through supervised Messianic Jewish ministry experiences.
Upon completing this concentration, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of Scripture and the ability to use hermeneutical and exegetical principles to interpret and apply the Word of God in life and ministry;
- Explain the heritage, traditions and practices of the global Pentecostal/Charismatic Movements, including a vision for healing the schism between the Church and the Jewish people;
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the history and practices of Messianic Judaism;
- Communicate a biblically-based theology of Messianic Jewish ministry that is Spirit-led and informed by the calling of Israel and the Body of Messiah;
- Apply biblical and theological knowledge to one’s personal spiritual formation within the context of Messianic Jewish ministry;
- Articulate the knowledge of who Yeshua is and what He has done in a way that is clear, accurate, authentically Jewish, and with love and respect.