Become equipped with the essential knowledge, skills, and experience needed to effectively lead a congregation in worship through our Associate of Worship Leadership (AWL) degree. The AWL program was developed in partnership with key worship and media leaders from Gateway Church to ensure that the skills and competencies taught are relevant and applicable to the worship communities of today’s local churches. Our AWL degree is designed to provide you with a solid biblical foundation in worship studies as well as practical skills in team building, songwriting, recording techniques, live audio, vocal and instrumental performance, and so much more. This program is now offered online!
The Associate of Worship Leadership (AWL) degree seeks:
- To graduate competent musicians for the local or global church and music marketplace;
- To produce biblically formed and theologically informed musicians;
- To equip gifted songwriters who compose for the Church and marketplace;
- To prepare skilled video, audio, and innovative media technicians; and
- To place graduates in appropriate ministry and music industry contexts.
A graduate of the Associate of Worship Leadership degree will be able to:
- Organize and successfully administrate all aspects of contemporary congregational worship;
- Demonstrate the technical, music and leadership skills necessary for effectively leading contemporary congregational worship;
- Analyze problems in their field (worship leadership) and develop collaborative solutions or strategies to resolve those problems;
- Communicate with musicians, artists, technicians, and local church pastors through effective teaching, writing, and listening skills;
- Evaluate their personal strengths and weaknesses honestly in the light of biblical wisdom and regular pastoral accountability;
- Pastor and build biblical community among their local church musicians, artists, and technicians; and
- Serve, contribute to, and creatively execute the worship vision of local church pastors and leaders.
*AWL acceptance space is limited.
Applicants must complete an audition for acceptance into the AWL program.
Admission to the University is a requirement prior to acceptance into the Music and Worship Studies (MWS) Department and the AWL program. However, applicants are encouraged to begin the MWS audition process and prepare the required video in conjunction with applying for admission to TKU. Upon acceptance to the University, you will be emailed a link to the online audition submission form.
Spring 2019 University Application Deadline | December 19
Spring 2019 Video Audition Submission Deadline | December 19
For more information, contact email@example.com.