Become equipped with the essential knowledge, skills, and experience needed to effectively lead a congregation in worship through our Associate of Worship Leadership (AWL) degree. The AWL program was developed in partnership with key worship and media leaders from Gateway Church to ensure that the skills and competencies taught are relevant and applicable to the worship communities of today’s local churches. Our AWL degree is designed to provide you with a solid biblical foundation in worship studies as well as practical skills in team building, songwriting, recording techniques, live audio, vocal and instrumental performance, and so much more. The AWL is available both on-ground at our main Southlake campus and online.
The Associate of Worship Leadership has four objectives:
- PASTORAL: Equip biblically based and Spirit-empowered students in ministry leadership.
- THEOLOGICAL: Teach Scripture and history as it relates to worship theology.
- MUSICAL: Provide students with the musical understanding and skillsets needed to serve in the local church.
- TECHNICAL: Train students in relevant media technologies.
A graduate of the AWL will be able to:
• Demonstrate biblically-based and Spirit-empowered leadership in a worship context.
• Apply sound doctrine and historical context to worship ministry.
• Apply strong musicianship from a primary and secondary instrument to help lead worship in a modern worship context.
• Employ relevant media technologies for use in worship ministry.
*AWL acceptance space is limited.
Applicants must complete an audition for acceptance into the AWL program.
Admission to the University is a requirement prior to acceptance into the Music and Worship Studies (MWS) Department and the AWL program. However, applicants are encouraged to begin the MWS audition process and prepare the required video in conjunction with applying for admission to TKU. Upon acceptance to the University, you will be emailed a link to the online audition submission form.
Fall 2021 Video Audition Submission Deadline | August 6, 2021
Spring 2022 Video Audition Submission Deadline | December 17, 2021
Summer 2022 Video Audition Submission Deadline | April 29, 2022
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.