Learn sound principles for interpreting Scripture and discover the “why” behind what you believe through our Bachelor of Biblical and Theological Studies (BBTS) degree. For those who feel called to pastor or teach, our Biblical and Theological Studies degree will equip you to address our world’s most pressing issues by a Spirit-led deep dive into the Bible. This degree program is available online or on-ground (Southlake).
This degree seeks to:
- Provide in-depth and comprehensive coverage of the contents of the Bible;
- Provide instruction in sound principles of exegesis;
- Present the various tools and methodologies available in the hermeneutical and exegetical tasks;
- Examine the broad range of issues involved in interpreting the Bible;
- Explore various theological responses to issues raised by the biblical text; and
- Offer elementary instruction in Hebrew and Greek.
In addition to achieving success with the core curriculum learning outcomes, upon completing this degree, students will be able to:
- Utilize sound hermeneutical principles and basic grammatical aids in the interpretation of Scripture;
- Answer critical questions concerning authorship, dating, and place of composition of the books of the Bible;
- Analyze the primary people, places, and events described in the books of the Old and New Testaments;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the inspiration of the Holy Spirit in the composition of Scripture, as well as the illumination of the Holy Spirit in the reading and application of Scripture;
- Articulate the general theological categories and views of evangelical Christianity, including the distinctiveness of The King’s University; and demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of the history, traditions, and practices of the Church.