For those called to leading God’s people as they seek His presence in worship, the Bachelor of Worship Leadership degree will provide you with foundational training for a variety of music and arts-related ministry opportunities. Our worship degree focuses on cultivating pastoral skills while simultaneously honing your craft, preparing you to lead worship for the local church or synagogue. Worship leadership students will have the unique opportunity to learn alongside the worship leaders at Gateway Church! Currently, the Bachelor of Worship Leadership program is only available at our main campus in Southlake, Texas. However, our Associate of Worship Leadership program is now available online!
The Bachelor of Worship Leadership degree seeks to:
- Graduate well-rounded, competent musicians and leaders for the local or global church and music marketplace;
- Produce biblically formed and theologically informed musicians to serve as leaders;
- Prepare musicians to serve as pastors who have had experience in technology that serves the ever-changing needs of the global church and music marketplace; and
- Place graduates in appropriate ministry and music industry contexts.
A graduate of the Bachelor of Worship Leadership degree will be able to:
- Direct effectively a worship service for a modern worship platform from a primary and/or secondary instrument with strong musicianship and performance abilities.
- Create resources for a modern worship platform using modern technology and contemporary music theory knowledge and techniques.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the scriptural, historical and Christian theological bases of Christian Worship.
- Apply pastoral training and leadership to minister to a worship team and congregation.
- Apply knowledge of modern technology and media to the field of worship ministry.
- Design a healthy worship ministry administration to facilitate the operations and service planning of a worship department.
*BWL acceptance space is limited. This degree is only offered on-ground at our main campus.
Applicants must complete an audition for acceptance into the BWL program.
Admission to the University is a requirement prior to acceptance into the Music and Worship Studies (MWS) Department and the BWL program. However, applicants are encouraged to begin the MWS audition process and prepare the required video in conjunction with applying for admission to TKU. Upon acceptance to the University, you will be emailed a link to the online audition submission form.
Summer 2019 Video Audition Submission Deadline | May 2, 2019
Fall 2019 Video Audition Submission Deadline | August 8, 2019
Spring 2020 Video Audition Submission Deadline | January 3, 2020
For more information, contact email@example.com.