For those called to leading God’s people as they seek His presence in worship, the Bachelor of Worship Leadership degree will provide you with foundational training for a variety of music and arts-related ministry opportunities. Our worship degree focuses on cultivating pastoral skills while simultaneously honing your craft, preparing you to lead worship for the local church or synagogue. Worship leadership students will have the unique opportunity to learn alongside the worship leaders at Gateway Church! Currently, the Bachelor of Worship Leadership program is only available at our main campus in Southlake, Texas. However, our Associate of Worship Leadership program is now available online!
The Bachelor of Worship Leadership degree seeks to:
- Graduate well-rounded, competent musicians and leaders for the local or global church and music marketplace;
- Produce biblically formed and theologically informed musicians to serve as leaders;
- Equip gifted composers and songwriters for the church, synagogue and marketplace;
- Prepare musicians to serve as pastors who have had experience in technology that serves the ever-changing needs of the global church and music marketplace; and
- Place graduates in appropriate ministry and music industry contexts.
A graduate of the Bachelor of Worship Leadership degree will be able to:
- Organize and successfully administrate all aspects of contemporary congregational worship;
- Demonstrate the technical, music and leadership skills necessary for effectively leading contemporary congregational worship;
- Analyze problems in their field (worship leadership) and develop collaborative solutions or strategies to resolve those problems;
- Communicate with musicians, artists, technicians, and local church pastors through effective teaching, writing, and listening skills;
- Evaluate their personal strengths and weaknesses honestly in the light of biblical wisdom and regular pastoral accountability;
- Pastor and build biblical community among their local church musicians, artists, and technicians; and
- Serve, contribute to, and creatively execute the worship vision of local church pastors and leaders.
*BWL acceptance space is limited. This degree is only offered on-ground at our main campus.
Applicants must complete an audition for acceptance into the BWL program.
Admission to the University is a requirement prior to acceptance into the Music and Worship Studies (MWS) Department and the BWL program. However, applicants are encouraged to begin the MWS audition process and prepare the required video in conjunction with applying for admission to TKU. Upon acceptance to the University, you will be emailed a link to the online audition submission form.
Spring 2019 University Application Deadline | December 19
Spring 2019 Video Audition Submission Deadline | December 19
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.