For those called to leading God’s people as they seek His presence in worship, the Bachelor of Worship Leadership degree will provide you with foundational training for a variety of music and arts-related ministry opportunities. Our worship degree focuses on cultivating pastoral skills while simultaneously honing your craft, preparing you to lead worship for the local church or synagogue. Worship leadership students will have the unique opportunity to learn alongside the worship leaders at Gateway Church.
**Please Note: The Bachelor of Worship degree is only offered at the Southlake campus. Once admitted to The King’s University, BWL applicants must complete an audition 2 weeks after admittance to TKU for acceptance into the BWL program. Once approved for the program, students then complete academic advisement and registration with the worship studies department.
The Bachelor of Worship Leadership degree has four objectives:
- PASTORAL: Equip biblically based and Spirit-empowered students in pastoral leadership.
- THEOLOGICAL: Teach Scripture and history as it relates to worship theology.
- MUSICAL: Provide students with the musical understanding and skill-sets needed to serve in the local church.
- TECHNICAL: Train students in relevant music, media, and administrative technologies.
A graduate of the BWL will be able to:
- Demonstrate biblically-based and Spirit-empowered pastoral leadership.
- Apply sound doctrine and historical context to worship ministry.
- Apply strong musicianship and musical communication skills from a primary and secondary instrument to direct a worship service.
- Employ relevant music, media, and administrative technologies for use in worship ministry.
- Design a healthy worship ministry administration to facilitate the operations and service planning of a worship department.
*BWL acceptance space is limited.
Applicants must complete an audition for acceptance into the BWL program.
Admission to the University is a requirement prior to acceptance into the Worship Studies (WS) Department for the AWL/BWL programs. Upon acceptance to the University, you will be emailed a link to the online audition submission form.
Auditions are due 2 weeks after your acceptance into TKU.
- Spring 2024 Video Audition Submission Deadline | December 15, 2023
- Summer 2024 Video Audition Submission Deadline | April 26, 2024
For more information, contact email@example.com.