Apply for Financial Aid

Applying for aid is a simple three-step process. You can apply for financial aid as soon as you have determined that you want to attend The King’s University.

Step 1

Complete the TKU Aid Request:

  • For new students, this first step is completed on the application for admission.
  • For returning students, this can be found in the “My Documents” section in the Student Portal.

Step 2

You must complete the FAFSA in order to determine your eligibility for federal grants, loans and work study programs, state grants as well as scholarships offered from TKU. You can file your FAFSA as early as January 1 of the year you intend to enter school, and you’ll have to repeat the process each year as you pursue your education.

Visit and create a FSA ID. If you are a dependent student your parents will need to create a FSA ID also. Once you have created a FSA ID, you are ready to begin the process.

You’ll need to collect the following information in order to complete the FAFSA:

  • Your Social Security Number
  • Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
  • Your driver’s license (if any)
  • Your most current Federal Income Tax Return (IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040 EZ)
    • Your spouse’s information, if you are married
    • Your parents’ information, if you are dependent
  • Your most current W-2 Forms and other records of money earned
  • Your most current untaxed income records
  • Veterans non-education benefit records
  • Child support received
  • Worker’s compensation
  • Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records

Once you have gathered the above information you are ready to begin the first step in applying for financial aid. Get started by visiting

You will need TKU’s school code, which is 035163.

Step 3

Complete an Entrance Counseling session.

It is required by the Department of Education that all students wishing to borrow Federal Student Loans complete an Entrance Counseling session. You will need your FSA ID to submit this document. This can take up to 30 minutes to complete and is designed to educate you on the types of loans available and repayment of those loans.

Please visit

Complete the Master Promissory Note. 

The Master Promissory Note (MPN) is a legal document in which you promise to repay your federal student loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to your lender or loan holder. You will need your FSA ID to submit this document.

Next Steps

Once you have completed all three steps listed above, completed the admissions process, and received full acceptance to the University, the Office of Student Financial Services will begin processing your aid. You will be notified if further documentation is needed.