International Students

Welcome, international applicants!

We are excited that you are considering The King’s University for your international education. We have received international students from all over the world including China, Australia, Netherlands, Argentina, Chile and Brazil. Please see the information below and follow the instructions to provide all required documentation.

At this time TKU does not provide housing or transportation, but we have provided a brief list of local housing options HEREFor additional information on studying in the United States, please visit the official website of the Department of Homeland Security below.

Study Guide to the States


Spring 2023: November 18

Apply Now

International Students are neither U.S. citizens nor U.S. permanent residents, and have graduated high school or obtained college credit. 

Admission Requirements

Required Academic Documents


  • Official high school transcript* verifying secondary educational requirements were met with a minimum U.S. GPA of 2.5, and
  • Official standardized test (SAT, ACT, or CLT) scores**


  • Official international college transcript* verifying post-secondary educational requirements were met with a minimum U.S. GPA of 2.5, and/or
  • Official U.S. college transcripts for all attempted coursework


All undergraduate and graduate applicants transferring from another United States University must complete the Transfer Form.

Transfer Form

*An evaluation of all international transcripts by a recognized foreign credential evaluation service is required. Transcripts will also need to be translated to English (if applicable). The evaluation report will need to indicate the US equivalency of the degree/coursework. TKU has historically used World Education Services (WES), so you’re welcome to visit their website ( to find out how to submit official documents to them to begin the process. If you use WES, we will need the “WES Basic Course-by-Course” evaluation report.

**If your country does not offer this type of exam, please contact your admissions counselor for further assistance.

English Proficiency Requirement

International applicants must demonstrate English proficiency to be considered for admission.* This is done by taking the TOEFL test. In addition to the TOEFL test, an oral interview may be requested by the Admissions Review Committee.

  • Minimum TOEFL scores for paper-based version: 550
  • Minimum TOEFL scores for iBT (internet-based testing) version: 79-80
  • TOEFL school code: 1641

*You may request a waiver with the Office of Admissions if you are from a country where English is the primary language or if you have graduated from an English-speaking school.

Required Financial Documents

The information for tuition and fees can be found HERE, however, as an international student studying at the main campus in Southlake, TX, we will require you to demonstrate availability of a certain amount of funds prior to issuing a Form I-20. This amount should cover up to your first year of tuition and fees, books, and cost of living. Along with this information, we will also need a financial plan of how you will pay for the remainder of your degree program (we don’t require proof of funds for this financial plan).

Please complete the Financial Statement Form below and remember to include your proof of funds (i.e., bank statements). If you will not be paying for yourself, then you will need to have your sponsor complete the Sponsor Obligation Form and they will be required to submit their proof of funds. These documents will need to be sent to your admissions counselor upon completion.

Additionally, international students are required to pay a deposit equal to the amount of full-time (12 credit hours for undergraduate- and 9 credit hours for graduate-level) tuition and fees before issuing of the Form 1-20, and are not eligible for deferred payment plans. Please see the academic catalog for a full description of this policy.

Copy of Passport

Submit a copy of the photo page of your passport to your admissions counselor.

Application Fee

$40 non-refundable application fee
Proof of Immunization (Required for Southlake Campus)

All Texas on-ground applicants 21 years of age and younger must provide the school with proof of immunization for bacterial meningitis at least 10 days prior to the start of classes.

  • OPTION 1 | If you received this vaccination within the past 5 years all you need to do is have proof of immunization sent directly to us.
  • OPTION 2 | If you have not received the vaccination you may obtain it at your family physician or various local pharmacies. Check with your insurance to see if cost coverage is provided.
  • OPTION 3 | You may also use the following link to opt-out of this vaccination, but this document must be signed and notarized, and received by office 10 days prior to the start of classes:

All documentation should be sent directly to your admissions counselor.

Transcripts for all undergraduate applicants should be issued to the undergraduate admissions counselor, Caleb McMillan, in the original envelope sealed by the issuing institution at:

The King’s University Office of Admissions
ATTN: Caleb McMillan
2121 E Southlake Blvd
Southlake, TX 76092


Transcripts for all graduate applicants should be issued to the graduate admissions counselor, Kaci Smith-Lopez, in the original envelope sealed by the issuing institution at:

The King’s University Office of Admissions
ATTN: Kaci Smith-Lopez
2121 E Southlake Blvd
Southlake, TX 76092


If you have any questions regarding the application process or do not meet regular admission criteria, please contact us at or 817.722.1710, and we will connect you to your admissions counselor.

Apply Now

The King’s University admits students without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, handicap or disability, age, or veteran status. Applicants are assessed according to academic background, the potential for academic success, moral behavior and character, and alignment with the spirit and mission of The King’s University.

International Students are not U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents. This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students at the Southlake campus location.