Whether you desire to lead in the Messianic Jewish community or feel called to be a bridge between the Church and the Jewish people, our Messianic Jewish Studies (MJS) program is designed for you. Gain the foundational knowledge of Scripture and Messianic Judaism needed to equip you for your calling. Our Messianic Studies program is approved by the Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations (UMJC). This degree program is available online or on-ground (Southlake).
This program seeks to:
- Provide an in-depth and broad coverage of the contents of the Bible;
- Provide a knowledge of Messianic Jewish history, theology and practice;
- Provide instruction in principles of exegesis;
- Present various tools and methodologies available for hermeneutics and exegesis;
- Examine the broad range of issues involved in interpreting the Scriptures;
- Explore various theological responses to issues raised by the biblical text;
- Offer a foundation in Hebrew and Greek; and
- Develop practical ministry skills through supervised Messianic Jewish ministry experiences.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Utilize sound hermeneutical principles and lexical aids in the interpretation of Scripture;
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the socio-historical background of the Bible and its canonical narrative;
- Delineate a knowledge of the heritage and traditions of the Synagogue and the Church;
- Articulate a knowledge of Messianic Jewish history, theology, and practice;
- Assess various understandings of Christian theology, especially as they relate to Messianic Jewish and Spirit-empowered perspectives;
- Apply Biblical and theological principles to Messianic Jewish life and ministry.