Whether you desire to lead in the Messianic Jewish community or feel called to be a bridge between the Church and the Jewish people, our Messianic Jewish Studies (MJS) program is designed for you. Gain the foundational knowledge of Scripture and Messianic Judaism needed to equip you for your calling. Our Messianic Studies program is approved by the Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations (UMJC). This degree program is available online or on-ground (Southlake).
This concentration seeks to:
- Provide an in-depth and broad coverage of the contents of the Bible;
- Provide a knowledge of Messianic Jewish history, theology and practice;
- Provide instruction in principles of exegesis;
- Present various tools and methodologies available for hermeneutics and exegesis;
- Examine the broad range of issues involved in interpreting the Scriptures;
- Explore various theological responses to issues raised by the biblical text;
- Offer a foundation in Hebrew and Greek; and
- Develop practical ministry skills through supervised Messianic Jewish ministry experiences.
Upon completion of this concentration, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a foundational knowledge of Scripture;
- Demonstrate a foundational knowledge of Messianic Judaism;
- Use a lexicon and basic grammatical aids to exegete the Hebrew Bible and Greek New Testament;
- Answer critical questions concerning authorship, dating, and place of composition of the books of the Bible;
- Identify the primary people, places, and events described in the Scriptures;
- Articulate an understanding of the inspiration of the Holy Spirit in the composition of Scripture, as well as the illumination of the Ruach (Spirit) in the reading and application of Scripture; and
- Articulate knowledge of and show ability to participate in Messianic Jewish ministry.