Through a thorough integration of biblical and theological knowledge with experience-based learning, our Master of Divinity (MDiv) degree will develop you as a well-rounded, Spirit-formed, servant leader. Through elective courses, you will customize your degree plan with classes that fuel your passion and equip you for your specific calling. As the recognized degree for ministry, the MDiv will prepare you for full-time vocational ministry as a pastor, chaplain, missionary, or parachurch organization leader. This degree will also prepare you for further studies in Divinity. You can earn your Master of Divinity online or on-ground (Southlake).
The Master of Divinity degree program seeks to:
- Prepare men and women for ministry both within their own particular communities of faith and cultures and also to the larger body of Christ;
- Provide students with knowledge of Scripture and the tools and methods to interpret Scripture;
- Equip candidates with practical ministry skills in leadership, preaching, worship, teaching, care-giving, and administration.
- Develop practical ministry skills through supervised ministry experiences;
- Encourage students to live a Spirit-empowered life, developing their unique spiritual gifts and callings.
Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and apply biblical texts using sound hermeneutical principles and exegetical methods;
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the heritage, traditions and practices of the global Pentecostal/Charismatic Movements, including a vision for healing the schism between the Church and the Jewish People.
- Articulate a biblically-based and Spirit-empowered theology of ministry and leadership based on knowledge of the nature and mission of the Church;
- Apply biblical and theological knowledge to one’s personal spiritual formation within the practices of ministry;
- Communicate God’s truth clearly, accurately, and convincingly to a single individual or a community;