Build a biblical and theological foundation for life and ministry through our Master of Practical Theology (MPT) degree. Our practical theology degree will grow you as a Spirit-formed servant leader, and equip you with the specialized ministry training needed for your particular calling. Taught by Spirit-filled faculty, you will develop a vibrant knowledge of the Word of God and a balanced theological understanding that can be applied in a variety of ministry contexts. This degree program is available online or on-ground (Southlake).
The Master of Practical Theology degree program seeks to:
- Prepare men and women for ministry both within their own particular communities of faith and cultures and also to the larger body of Christ.
- Equip students with the theories and practical skills necessary to perform effectively the ministry to which they are called;
- Increase biblical and theological understanding necessary to undergird these specialized ministries;
- Encourage students to live a Spirit-empowered life, developing their unique spiritual gifts and callings; and
- Provide supervised ministry training for those entering specialized ministries.
Upon completion of the Master of Practical Theology, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of Scripture and the ability to use hermeneutical and exegetical principles to interpret and apply the Word of God in life and ministry;
- Explain the heritage, traditions, and practices of the global Pentecostal/Charismatic Movements, including a vision for healing the schism between the Church and the Jewish people;
- Communicate a biblically-based and Spirit-empowered theology of ministry and leadership based on knowledge of the nature and mission of the Church;
- Apply biblical and theological knowledge to one’s personal spiritual formation within the practices of ministry;
- Integrate biblical and theological knowledge in the student’s specialized area of ministry.